Genuine and pure.. Our barbary fig seed oil (also known as prickly pear) is a natural oil extracted from the seeds of the fruit of the opuntia ficus indica cactus. The cacti thrive in the hot climate of morocco and produce bright yellow and pink flowers in the spring. The flowers then produce fruit by late summer at which time they are harvested. The harvested fruit contain black seeds which are separated, dried and cold pressed to produce our barbary fig seed oil. Each seed contains less than 5% of oil, which is why each 30 kilos of cactus seeds produce just one litre of pure oil, making it one of the most expensive oils in the world.
Our oil is personally sourced from women’s cooperatives in morocco and is produced in small batches. Because of its high price, barbary fig seed oil is mainly used as an intensive treatment for the face. The many benefits of our oil include protection against free radical damage, stimulation of cell growth and contains 150% more vitamin e than argan oil. Additional minerals, plant sterols and vitamin k help reduce visibility of spider veins and dark circles under the eyes. The essential fatty acids in barbary fig seed oil make it absorb wonderfully into the skin, penetrating deeply without leaving a greasy residue.
All this and more makes it an incredibly powerful oil for the skin….
Barbary Fig Seed Oil
- Nourishes, moisturizes and softens the skin
- Restores elasticity and brightens the complexion
- Slows skin aging and prevents wrinkles
- Absorbs quickly and will not clog pores
- Ideal for sensitive skin
- After cleansing, apply a few drops to fingertips and gently massage into areas that need treatment. Pay extra attention to areas around the eyes, lips and any other areas which may need extra hydration. Apply before bedtime to allow oil to work overnight.
- Store in a cool, dark place.
- 100% pure cold-pressed barbary fig seed oil (prickly pear seed oil, cactus seed oil) from the Opuntia Ficus Indica Cactus.
What makes us different
- 100% pure
- Certified organic
- Not tested on animals
- Fair trade certified
- Socially responsible
- Personally sourced by us