Coming from the Arabic word rhassala (washing), rhassoul clay has been used by Moroccan women since ancient times and is known for its ability to absorb impurities from the skin and hair and replace with highly beneficial minerals.
Also known as red clay, red Moroccan clay and Ghassoul clay, it originates from Morocco and is organically mined from ancient clay deposits deep within the Atlas mountains.
Once extracted, it gets washed, sun dried and micronized into a smooth powder high in silicon, magnesium, iron, sodium, potassium, lithium, and trace elements, making it one of the finest in the world and the clay of choice in spas and salons around the globe.
Skin and soul Rhassoul clay is known to lessen dryness, enhance skin clarity and elasticity, remove surface oils and impurities and unblock pores, resulting in a smoothing of the skin.
Moroccan Rhassoul Clay
- Exfoliates, tightens and smooths
- Reduces dryness
- Draws out impurities, detoxifies and treats acne
- Nourishes the skin and improves elasticity
- Improves skin clarity
- Natural shampoo
- Face mask: Mix Rhassoul in a 1:2 dilution with water and blend to a smooth paste. Apply to the face (keep away from eyes) and leave for 5-10 minutes, then rinse completely with warm water. Can be repeated once a week for dry skin and up to 3 times per week for oily or acne prone skin.
- Cleanser: Mix Rhassoul clay in a 1:4 dilution with water to achieve a runny, lotion - like consistency. Smooth over the whole body and face, leave for a few minutes, then rinse clean in shower. Follow by moisturizing with Argan oil for complete nourishment.
- Shampoo: Apply a Rhassoul paste to the roots of wet hair, massaging in and adding water. Do not allow the Rhassoul to dry in the hair. Rinse the hair with warm water, allowing the Rhassoul to wash through to the ends of the hair as you rinse. Follow with a small amount of Argan oil massaged through the hair before drying.
- 100% pure organic Rhassoul (Ghassoul clay sourced from the Atlas mountain range in Morocco)
What makes us different
- 100% pure
- Certified organic
- Not tested on animals
- Fair trade certified
- Socially responsible
- Personally sourced by us